Dear girls that happen to play video games, what if I told you that nobody actually gives a fuck that you are a “Gamer Girl”. Like seriously, there is honestly no fucking reason to advertise it.
Here are the reasons why:
1. I don’t see why people have to advertise themselves to be a gamer. There is honestly nothing special about it. You’re just basically telling the world that you have nothing better to do with your spare time than to get lost in some virtual world. Nothing special.
2. Technically, around 90% of the world are gamers. Heck, there is a strong chance that your mother is one too. If she is playing Candy Crush, Angry Birds or some other stupid cancerous mobile game, she is considered a gamer too, whether you like it or not.
3. The fact that you have to label yourself as a gamer sort of states how uninteresting you are. If you want to associate yourself with that label it clearly means you don’t have anything or do anything else to make you seem interesting. It is clearly a cry for attention because nobody finds you interesting. If you were maybe an artist, musician, or some form of content creator than maybe people would find you more interesting.
4. You don’t see the majority of dudes labelling themselves as gamer guys or dudes. Why? Because we know that it doesn’t make you special. We just accept it as something people do to pass the time when they are not being a slave to some employer or education system.
5. Nobody gives a fuck. Seriously, nobody gives a fuck.
I am not an anti-gamer. Heck, I honestly think I spend too much of my free time on the things, especially when it comes to rpgs. But I am not constantly labelling myself as a gamer. Why? Because I have a lot better aspects or hobbies to label myself as.